Monday, November 1, 2010

October Reading Summary



October was a very busy month for me. I am surprised that I was able to squeeze in 10 books this month. I can't really choose a top read for this month. Most of what I read was good, but not outstanding. Most of the books got a B grade and so sad to say that one of my favorite authors did not live up to my expectations. I had to give Hot Finish a C-.

Books read this month:
1. My Dangerous Duke, Foley (Historical) Rating: B
2. The Search, Roberts (Romantic Suspense) Rating: B
3. Down in Texas, Devlin (Contemporary/Erotic) Rating: B
4. Sins of the Flesh, Pineiro (Romantic Suspense) Rating: B
5. Where Dreams Begin, Kleypas (Historical) Rating: B
6. Wicked Appetite, Evanovich (Paranormal) Rating: B
7. Sinful in Satin, Hunter (Historical) Rating: B
8. Nicholas, Amber (Historical/Erotic) Rating: B-
9. Hot Finish, McCarthy (Contemporary) Rating: C-
10. An Unforgetable Lady, Bird (Contemporary) Rating: B-

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I was looking forward to Hot Finish too but have put off reading it because of the reviews. I'll get to it eventually.

Here's hoping for some As this month. :)

nath said...

Ten is pretty good, especially if you had a busy month :)

Yeah, hot Finish was meh. I was expecting a lot more from it than what we got :(

Jill D. said...

Leslie - I can't believe I didn't have any A reads this month! I really like it when I have at least one.

Nath - That's the problem with expectations if they are high. Usually it is hard for the book to live up to it. I am pleased with 10 books. I am really surprised that with my new job I am still able to juggle reading as well as I am able. Plus, I am still blogging and reviewing. Double bonus!

Hilcia said...

Good reading month, Jill. I have the first two books by McCarthy in my TBR now and am looking forward to reading them. I'll begin with those and leave Hot Finish for much later. :D