Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Book Summary




I am feeling better about my reading this month. Last month I didn't meet my reading goals and had been in a reading slump. This month I feel like my reading mo-jo is picking up. I seem to be getting back into the swing of things. Sometimes you just need a breather. You know? Anyway, I read a total of 13 books this month and 7 of them were published this year. I am trying to read about half of the books with a publication date of this year. I didn't read my TBR Challenge book this month but I did manage my Re-Read Challenge book. So all, in all, I am feeling pretty good.

1. Undercover, Dane (Futuristic/Erotic) Rating: C+
2. SEALed with a Promise, Daughtridge (Contemporary) Rating: A-
3. Hard Eight, Evanovich (Mystery) Rating: B+
4. To the Nines, Evanovich (Mystery) Rating: A
5. Tempted All Night, Carlyle (Historical) Rating: B
6. Burning Alive, Butcher (Paranormal) Rating: C-
7. Maiden and the Monster, Pillow (Medieval) Rating: B+
8. Visions of Sugar Plums, Evanovich (Mystery) Rating: B
9. Dreamfever, Moning (Urban Fantasy) Rating: A
10. Talk Me Down, Dahl (Contemporary) Rating: B-
11. Hot Pursuit, Brockmann (Romantic Suspense) Rating: B
12. Bet Me, Crusie (Contemporary) Rating: A
13. My Wicked Marquess, Foley (Historical) Rating: B-

How about you? How did you do this month? Did you meet all your reading goals?

7 comments:

Mandi said...

Nice month! I really should continue with Evanovich.

Lori said...

Great month! I don't set reading goals for myself. I just read when I feel like it.

I did read the Daughtridge this month also, and liked it, too.

nath said...

Nice list and you reach your goal! 13, just like me :D But haha, LOL, seems like you're slipping a little on the reviews ;P Just kidding :)

Looks like you had a nice month :) and out of slumpville! Yay!

SarahT said...

I have several of these books on my TBR list. I need to catch up on the Suzanne Brockmann series before starting 'Hot Pursuit'. I also have 'Tempted All Night' on my shelf. Your review of 'Bet Me' reminded me of how much I enjoyed it.

Jill D. said...

Mandi - How far are you in the Plum series? I really, really enjoyed To the Nines. It might just be my favorite of the series. Although, I did really like Sally Sweet in book 4.

Lori - Ooooh, I am really love Daughtridge. I like that her heroes are so REAL. The men mess up and will admit it, LOL!

Nath - I was really hoping no one would notice the lack of reviews this month (you brat, LOL). Don't worry, I plan on catching up. I feel like I'm back on track!

Sarah - I spent all of last year playing catch up with the Troublshooter's series. It took me all year (it's a long series, LOL)!

nath said...

LOL, it's hard not to notice, because I'm usually always so impressed :D

Seems to me you're still enjoying the Plum books :D Good for you :D

Jenny Girl said...

Definitely not as well as you did! GReat job.