Monday, July 13, 2009

Save the School of Gallantry Series



I met Delilah Marvelle at RT in Orlando this spring. I had not read her debut release Mistress of Pleasure and to be honest, I had never heard of it. But she was really friendly and we hit it off talking about all kinds of things. We kept bumping into each other, literally on the dance floor in the evenings and found ourselves together at some of the other daily events. I even had the chance to go out to dinner with her the last night of the convention. We talked about books (of course) but we also talked about ourselves and our families. As we were sitting there I thought to myself, "Man, she sure is a good storyteller."


Delilah and Me


After I got home from RT, I hesitated to read her book. What if I didn't like it? If I did like it maybe it's because I am biased since I had such a good time hanging out with her. Then Delilah sent me an email asking for help because Kensington has decided to drop her School of Gallantry series. Well, that was the incentive I needed to read the book and so I did. I was happy to say that Mistress of Pleasure was a FUN read. You can read my review here. Now, I am hooked on these characters and I want to know what will happen to the other men in the School of Gallantry. It would be a real shame to not have the whole series published.

Delilah is having a contest to try and encourage readers to purchase the second book in her series, which will be out in stores August 4th. Click on the link below for details on how to enter the contest and help Delilah save her series.






6 comments:

Tracy said...

I think I have the first book in this series but haven't read it yet. I have so many books I think it's gotten lost! lol I'll read the first and if I like the first I'll definitely buy the next!

Heather D said...

I first saw this on Cheeky Reads. I went out to online stores trying to find the debut novel, but had no luck!! It sounds so good and I really want to read it, but can't see spending $20 for a used copy and not even sure that the author would get any portion of that money. So In Aug when the new book comes out I will buy it and read it out of order. ***sigh***

Jill D. said...

Tracy - What a charmer! I wish I kept a better index of what books I own. I don't keep it up to date and so I am never sure if I have the book or not. Makes for a harrowing experience in the book stores!

Heather - Do you have the kindle or iPod Touch? You can get it as an ebook from Amazon. I have a link to buy the ebook from the post were I reviewed it. I don't know if other ebook retailers have it. Maybe do a search if you don't mind ebooks.

Tracy said...

Charmer, moi? Oh please! lol I usually have a pretty good idea what I have in the pile and the the ones in ebook but I sometimes still get concerned that I'm buying double when I'm standing in the bookstore! lol

Heather - you can buy this book in ebook format at Books on Board (and probably diesel ebooks) in Adobe Digital Editions, MS Reader and Mobipocket. Hope that helps. :)

Tracy said...

Oh and Jill - I started the book and it's pretty darned cute I have to say.

Jill D. said...

Tracy - Glad you enjoyed the book. I read your synopsis on it and I think we had similar thoughts on it.