Sunday, February 17, 2008

Meme - Six Unimportant Things About Me


 
I was tagged by Ana over at The Book Smugglers.

Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six unimportant things about you
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I have already sent in my tax return. Yes, it’s sick isn’t it? I will be getting a tax return this year, which is why I have turned in my taxes early. In the past, I have usually had to pay the government money. When that’s the case, I like to wait until the last possible minute to do my taxes. As a matter of fact, last year I sent them in on April 15.

2. I love the Sims. For Christmas this year, Santa gave my six year old daughter a Playstation Portable (PSP). He brought me the Sims Castaway game. I am addicted.

3. I am sick of all the news coverage of Britney Spears. Okay, the girl has severe mental issues. I got it. Can we move on now?

4. I have lived in Winter Haven, Florida for eight years now. Winter Haven is approximately 40 minutes from Disney World. For the first time since I have lived here, my family and I finally spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. We had an absolute blast. Now, I want to get an annual pass and go every weekend. (We won’t, because it is too expensive).

5. I have two children; a daughter (six) and a son (five months). Both children were the same exact weight at birth, 8lbs 13oz. I delivered both children naturally without any pain medications. I am woman. Hear me roar!

6. I am an atrocious speller. I also have very poor grammar. My husband proof reads all my posts before I publish them. If I didn’t have his help everyone would think English was my second language instead of my first. (It’s that bad).

* Note from husband editor: Jill’s grammar and spelling isn’t that bad.

I tag Brie, Jace, Meriam, Christine, Jennie, and Nikki

10 comments:

Jennie said...

Years ago, I was addicted to playing SimCity on my computer. I'm sure the Sim games are way cooler and more addicting now! And the first time I ever went to Disney World was as Spring Break my senior year in college. I went with a group of friends and we had the best time. So strange to be going at that age, but we really had fun.

I will try to think of 6 things about myself. :)

Brie said...

I completely agree with you about Britney Spears. I'm tired of hearing about her too.

Ana said...

Oh, why can't I have a husband editor too? I so totally need one! LOL, specially since English IS my second language. I am constantly having to edit my posts. *g*

You delivered two children without pain medication? Wow. RESPECT *builds altar to Jill D*

nath said...

Agree with you for Britney Spears :) and you have two kids? nice! and aww, your husband's sweet LOL :)

Jace said...

I was completely addicted to The Sims a couple of years ago. Mine was the computer version - I expanded it to the Makin' Magic version. *grin*

I feel sorry for Britney. Who I can't stand any more is Paris Hilton.

I love Disney! It was my dream to go to the parks someday. I did ... visited both DisneyLand and DisneyWorld some years back. Those trips were a fulfillment of a dream.

What a gem of a hubby you have! Lucky girl. :)

Jill D. said...

Ladies, Yes I am lucky to have such a wonderful hubby. Without him I would most likely come across as completely uneducated, LOL.

Jennie, I absolutely love the Sims and it can be very addicting. I can start playing and all of the sudden the hours have blown by. Do not get the games unless you have some serious time to devote to them :)

Jace, I had making magic but my computer didn't have the specs to play it. Bummer. Then they just keep coming out with more and more new games. Castaway is really fun.

Christine said...

Hi Jill!
Thanks for tagging me. Well... sort of. lol I'm working on my list today.

Kudos to you for your two natural childbirths.
I have two daughters and although I had a mild epidural for my first (I could always feel and move my legs), I educated myself and was prepared and determined for a natural child birth with my second. Giving birth naturally with absolutely no drugs (or even a heparin lock) was the most empowering and exhilarating experience of my life. Not to mention the difference it made to my baby who was born with no drugs in her system! Too bad it wasn't commonplace for women to even want to give birth naturally... it was really pretty cool. :)

p.s. You want to do my taxes? ;p

Jill D. said...

Christine, Hey thanks for stopping by... Sorry about the tag, but yah know, I have got to tag someone, why not you :)

To be honest with you, I never wanted to get an epidural because I didn't want a HUGE needle in my back. I know it's really silly, but that's me! I am glad I didn't have an epidural because everybody that I know who has had one has had their labor slow down. Both my labors were relatively quick (but not painless!)

Like you, I wish more women would do it naturally, it really is better for them and their babies.

Sarai said...

I suck at spelling and grammar too but my hubby won't help ;( so back to college for me *sigh* I am also in love with the Sims but I play on the computer and have lost hours to the game, literally hours I kid you not!

Jill D. said...

Sarai, Hi welcome to my blog! I know what you mean, I too have spent many an afternoon "siming" and looked at the clock to be so surprised that five hours had gone by!