Sunday, February 3, 2008

January Summary

January was a slow month for me. I only read eleven books this month. I usually read between 17 and 22 books. I think blogging might be cutting into my reading time; oh the horrors! Here is a summary of the books I read and what I rated them:

1. Over the Edge; Brockman; (Rom. Suspense) Rating: A
2. Out of Control; Brockman; (Rom. Suspense) Rating: B+
3. Into the Night; Brockman; (Rom. Suspense) Rating: C
4. Demon Angel; Brook; (Paranormal) Rating: C
5. The Courtship; Coulter; (Historical) Rating: B
6. To Love and To Cherish; Gaffney; (Historical) Rating: C-
7. Hot Wheels and High Heels; Graves; (Contemporary) Rating: B+
8. Dirty; Hart; (Contemporary-Erotic) Rating: B+
9. Midnight’s Bride; Johnson; (Medieval) Rating: DNF
10. Beau Crusoe; Kelly; (Historical) Rating: B+
11. Marly’s Choice; Leigh; (Erotic) Rating: D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, even if January was a slow reading month for you, I'm still impressed. I've never been a fast reader, and I need to get back into the habit. Sometimes I think too much Web surfing has ruined my powers of concentration! This year I resolved to read at least one book per week. Night Echoes was number six, so I've stuck to that resolution pretty well thus far.

Jace said...

How do you do it, Jill? 17 to 22 books a month!!! I'd be lucky if I could get in 10 books! I'm impressed.

Blogging does cut into the reading time ... at least in my case. But I find that I'm a better reader (albeit a slower one) as I pay more attention to the story, so that I may make focused comments on it.

Jill D. said...

I know, I was almost reading a book a day. Since I have started this blog, I find myself on the internet more. Like you Jace, I try to really pay attention to what is happening in the book so I can summarize it correctly and express my feelings thoughtfully. Blogging sure is fun though!

Emjay, it is not so much that I am a fast reader, because I actually am not. I just spend all my spare time reading. I don't watch any TV (or I should probably say very little TV). I think it takes me about an hour to read 50 pages.